Stroke Recovery Trial Fund LTD respects your privacy and is committed to comply with the Australian Privacy Principles. The Australian Privacy Principles are contained in the Privacy Act 1998 (Cth), which regulate how organisations handle personal information.
- What is Personal Information?
‘Personal information’ is any information, or an opinion, which can identify a person and may include a person’s name, address, telephone number, email address and profession/occupation. If the information we collect personally identifies you or you are reasonably identified from it, the information will be considered personal information.
‘Sensitive information’ is a subset of personal information and includes a person’s race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs or associations, philosophical beliefs, memberships, sexual orientation or health, genetic or biometric information.
‘Health information’ is sensitive personal information which includes information about a person’s health, disability, and use of health services. Sometimes, details about a person’s health or medical history can identify them.
- What types of personal information does Stroke Recovery Trial Fund LTD collect?
Stroke Recovery Trial Fund LTD may collect the following types of personal information about you or members of your family:
- contact details (including name, mailing or street address, email address, telephone number and fax number)
- personal details (including age or date of birth and gender)
- information on personal issues, experiences and relationships
- family background, supports (groups etc.) that you or a family member may have in the community
- health information and/or medical history
- profession, occupation or job title
- credit card details or bank account details
- details of the products or services you have enquired about, accessed or purchased
- any additional personal information that you provide directly through our websites, or indirectly through the use of our website or online presence, via our representatives or otherwise
- information you provide to Stroke Recovery Trial Fund LTD through surveys or communication with our representatives or otherwise.
Stroke Recovery Trial Fund LTD will always collect personal information in a lawful and fair manner.
- How does Stroke Recovery Trial Fund LTD collect personal information?
Stroke Recovery Trial Fund LTD may collect personal information from you when:
- You complete a form or an application online or in hard copy
- You contact us via email or phone
- You respond to Stroke Recovery Trial Fund LTD fundraising mail or phone call
- You attend a Stroke Recovery Trial Fund LTD event.
We may also collect your personal information from publicly available sources, such as the telephone directory.
4.1 Website usage and cookies
A cookie does not identify an individual person, but it does identify computers. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie and this will provide you with an opportunity to either accept or reject it in each instance.
We may log your IP addresses, that is, the electronic addresses of computers connected to the internet, to analyse trends, administer the website, track user’s movements and gather broad demographic information. This information does not identify you personally.
- Why do we collect personal information and how we may use it?
Stroke Recovery Trial Fund LTD only collects personal information to the extent necessary to enable us to carry out our activities and functions.
We may collect, hold and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide services, events or information to you
- To let you know about our events and programs
- To answer your enquiries, provide you with advice, or send you information on Stroke and Brain Injury Clinical Trials or treatment options.
- To provide you with access to protected areas of our website and/or to assess the performance and improve the operations of the website
- To update our records and keep your contact details up to date
- For the administrative, planning, product or service development, quality control and research purposes of Stroke Recovery Trial Fund LTD
- To process and respond to any complaint made by you
- To conduct business processing functions which include – providing personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors, service providers, or other third parties
- To comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or cooperate with any governmental authority of any country.
5.1 Marketing communications
Where we use your personal information to send you marketing and promotional information by post, email telephone or SMS, we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of receiving such information in the future. You may also contact us to remove any previous consent you provided to receive marketing communications from us. By electing not to opt out, or contact us to withdraw your consent, we will assume that we have your consent to receive marketing communications in the future.
If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, please contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- What happens if you choose not to provide some personal information?
If you do not provide us with the personal information described above, some or all of the following may happen:
- We may not be able to provide you with information about events, services or products that you may wish to be informed of
- We may not be able to provide the requested services, events or products to you, either to the same standard, or at all
- We may not be able to tailor the content of our website to your preferences.
Where practical, you will be given the opportunity to engage with us on an anonymous basis, or using a pseudonym.
- To whom do we disclose your personal information?
Stroke Recovery Trial Fund LTD may disclose your personal information to:
- External support services: to other service providers, for the purpose of conducting our business, providing services or events to you or fulfilling requests made by you
- Contractors, suppliers and other third parties: with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing, and related purposes
Where Stroke Recovery Trial Fund LTD does disclose your personal information, it will take steps to ensure that the third parties:
- comply with the Australian Privacy Principles when they handle your personal information; or
- are authorised only to use your personal information in order to provide the services or to perform the functions required of Stroke Recovery Trial Fund LTD
We will not disclose your personal information for any other purpose unless:
- we have your consent
- you would reasonably expect us to disclose your personal information for that purpose; or
- it is permitted by law.
7.1 Disclosure overseas
Stroke Recovery Trial Fund LTD may disclose personal information to third party suppliers and service providers located overseas for some of the purposes listed above. Stroke Recovery Trial Fund LTD takes reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information. We may disclose your personal information to entities located outside of Australia such as data hosting providers, IT administrators, cloud based information technology service providers and other information technology service providers.
- Is your personal information stored safely?
Stroke Recovery Trial Fund LTD will take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is protected from misuse or loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We may hold your information either in electronic or hardcopy form.
As our website is linked to the internet, and the internet is inherently insecure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. We also cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet. Accordingly, any personal information or other information you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representations or guarantees in relation to the privacy practices of any third party website. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third party website. Third party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.
- How do I access, correct or update your personal information?
You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us by mail, email or phone. Please see the details listed in the ‘contact us’ section on our website. We will deal with your request to provide access to your personal information within a reasonable time.
Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will try to provide you with suitable means of accessing it (for example, by mailing or emailing it to you). There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if it would interfere with the privacy of others or would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will provide you with written reasons for any refusal.
If you believe that personal information we hold about you is out of date, incomplete or inaccurate, then Stroke Recovery Trial Fund LTD will take reasonable steps to correct its records. There may be instances where we are unable to correct the personal information. If that happens, we will provide you with written reasons for any refusal.
- How do I complain?
If you would like to make a complaint regarding our privacy practices or the manner in which we handle your personal information, please contact us by email: email@example.com
We will aim to contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your request or complaint to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they may be resolved. We will aim to ensure that your complaint is resolved in a timely and appropriate manner.
If you are dissatisfied with our response, you may refer the matter to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au.
- Contacting Us
Stroke Recovery Trial Fund LTD
21 Russell Street
TOOWOOMBA, QLD 4350